Discontented Turtle

Sleep deprived ramblings about life, current events, politics, travel, education, books, movies, and music.

Wednesday, June 02, 2004

The Day After Tomorrow and Disaster Films

I saw a matinee of The Day After Tomorrow this afternoon. I had read lots of crummy reviews of the film, but yet I could not resist seeing it.

I've always been a sucker for disaster movies and stories. As an young boy I always loved reading and writing disaster stories. My favorite book was Disaster by Donald J. Sobol (much better known for his Encyclopedia Brown detective books). I loved the blimps blowing up, trains colliding, forests burning, tornados striking, and dams bursting. One of the things I liked best (and this holds true for TDAD)....I loved it when one of the main characters (such as the VP in TDAT), does something stupid that either causes the disaster or makes the situation much worse. I know, I'm an evil evil bastard for taking joy in the failings of others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise