Discontented Turtle

Sleep deprived ramblings about life, current events, politics, travel, education, books, movies, and music.

Thursday, November 25, 2004

Thanksgiving

At 36 years of age I am actually having my parents over for Thanksgiving for the first time. My wife and I went back and forth several times about how we should handle it. I thought we should just go out to eat since there are only 4 of us, but as usually happens in our household my wife won (though according to the minister who married us marriage is not about keeping score, yeah right!) and we are now hosting Thanksgiving dinner. So tonight was a night of cleaning the house, shopping for groceries, and decompressing before their arrival tomorrow morning.

Hopefully I will have some posts about the Thanksgiving feast and the rest of the weekend, but I make no promises. Gobble. Gobble. Happy Thanksgiving.

1 Comments:

At 27 November, 2004 17:59, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The "Turtle's Keeper" here (maybe not "keeper" but I since I don't have a blog name....wait, "turtle lover". there.

First of all, I did not "WIN". We compromised. I compromised and you compromised. ANd we did so with grace. Secondly, I think when you invited people to your house for Thanksgiving, you should feed them with food that you have cooked (or atleast ordered) on your own. You should not invite them to come out to a restaurant with you (where we both know they will end up paying for the whole meal). Thirdly, we kept complaining about our family's not coming to visit us and us always having to go there (OK, this complaint is mainly geared toward my family - and it's completely deserved - but I am using the term "family" to talk about both sides"). Having a home cooked meal and a Thanksgiving (or holiday) together in our home should be the main incentive, not that we are going out to a restaurant. We can do that any time and where. But,we can only have Thanksgiving dinner in our house once a year.

Plus, I think it turned out splendidly. :)

Thank you for the compromise. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise