Discontented Turtle

Sleep deprived ramblings about life, current events, politics, travel, education, books, movies, and music.

Monday, November 01, 2004

VOTE!

I've been away from the computer for a few days so I haven't added any new commentary lately. Election day is actually here tomorrow, and I'm glad. As much of a political junkie that I am, I don't think I could handle another day of this silliness.

As I watched the evening news tonight, there wasn't a single ad that wasn't for some politician or another. Where have all the hemorrhoid and tampon commercials gone? The ads just blurred one into the next---it really sounded to me just like the adults on the old Peanuts cartoons....blah, blah, blah, blah. These were mainly advertisements for various local races---and I really would like to know more about these candidates, but 30 seconds of telling me how bad someone else is, does me no good. Aaargh!

With that said, get out there and vote tomorrow. Why? Because its one of the few responsibilities we citizens have in this country and it is pretty pathetic when more than 50% of our country is too irresponsible. Why else? Because I don't like hearing people bellyache about our country, our government, our schools, our roads, or anything else unless they have at least done the minimum of voting to try and change things for the better.

Tomorrow afternoon I am going to volunteer for the Kerry campaign, I'm going to make some phone calls and make sure that all of you have completed your voting (actually I will probably be calling people off of some pre-determined list of likely Kerry supporters, but hey, I'm doing something).

VOTE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise