Discontented Turtle

Sleep deprived ramblings about life, current events, politics, travel, education, books, movies, and music.

Sunday, December 12, 2004

Movie Review: Ocean's Twelve

I loved Ocean's Eleven, I thought it was a fun action flick, that never took itself too seriously. I was really looking forward to Ocean's Twelve and it is another one of those movies that wasn't bad, but it wasn't particularly good either. I think this time Stephen Soderbergh tried too hard to be quirky. I noticed myself several times paying more attention to the music (good soundtrack) and the scenery (lots of beautiful shots of various European locations). There are some funny moments, including some great cameos so it is probably worth a video rental or going to see it as a matinee.

Maybe one of my biggest peeves, in Ocean's Eleven all eleven members of the gang had an important role to play both for the heist and the plot of the movie. This time you could tell many of their characters were only making an appearance because they had been in the first movie. All these non-purposeful appearances did nothing but drag the movie down.

Can I ask for a do-over? I do like watching this bunch of actors together and hope they do something together again in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise