Discontented Turtle

Sleep deprived ramblings about life, current events, politics, travel, education, books, movies, and music.

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

New Career for the New Year

I've been trying to get out of the teaching thing for well over a year now, and today I officially have a non-teaching career. I officially started a permanent full time library assistant position today. I think even I have lost track of my career tally at this point. I don't count pre-college jobs because those were strictly to earn a buck to make the next move.

1. Psychology/Social Science Researcher (research assistant, teaching assistant, research consultant) 1990-1995
2. Administrative Assistant 1994, 1995, 1997, 2000 (who knew that high school typing class would pay off so well)
3. Salesman (why can't I get back those 2 years of my life?) 1995-1997
4. Meeting/Convention Planner (one of those glamour jobs that everyone should like, guess what I didn't like it) 1997-1999
5. Teacher (hmmm, I'm sure there is something smart-alecky I could say about teaching, but I will behave myself today) 2000-2005
6. Library Assistant 2005

I really do think this is the career for me. Hopefully any future job changes will just be due to climbing the library ladder. Stay tuned.

Cool things about my job after 1 day
1. Casual dress and comfortable shoes are encouraged. NO DAMN TIES!
2. No more library fines.

Weird thing about starting a new job
Wanting to work, but not having a clue what to do.
The fact that I can't remember new names for more than five minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise