Discontented Turtle

Sleep deprived ramblings about life, current events, politics, travel, education, books, movies, and music.

Saturday, June 05, 2004

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Just got back from seeing the latest Harry Potter flick. I preface this by saying that I am not a Harry Potter fanatic. My wife is, so I follow her to the movies. I love children's literature, but I have yet to read a single one of the Harry Potter books. If I have the choice of reading a book or seeing a movie of the same title----I will usually see the movie out of sheer laziness. And after I've seen the movie, I really don't care to go back and read the book. Maybe if I had gotten on this Harry Potter bandwagon sooner I would be reading the books....but its too late now.

So on to the movie. I enjoyed it. It was much faster paced than the previous two movies (my wife, the fanatic was complaining about how lots of parts were missing). As a non-reader of the books I found the ending to be relatively suprising. Also Dawn French (star of the BBC's Vicar of Dibley) made a cameo which I wasn't expecting.

On a scale of 1-10....I give it an 8.

It is supposed to repeated June 12, but there was a great Harry Potter sketch on Saturday Night Live about a month ago with Lindsay Lohan as Hermione. Basically about all the characters reaching puberty and the trouble that follows. Laughed my ass off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise