Discontented Turtle

Sleep deprived ramblings about life, current events, politics, travel, education, books, movies, and music.

Saturday, July 24, 2004

Lost in My Own Backyard: A Walk in Yellowstone National Park (Crown Journeys Series) by Tim Cahill

I have another blog where I review children's literature---booksforkids.blogspot.com, but I also occasionally like to read other books also. So here are my thoughts about it.

I love Tim Cahill's writing. He never fails to make me laugh and smirk. And he certainly did that with his new book about Yellowstone National Park. When referring to his "backyard" he means this in two ways, 1) he lives in the vicinity of the park, and 2) the national park, is a backyard for all Americans.

There are so many spectacular things that he wants to share with us about this park. Its history, geology, and wildlife being foremost. He is also fascinated with the wide variety of ways that one can and does die in the park.

The book really has me in a mood to go back to Yellowstone---I've been there 3 times (age 3, age 8, and age 25). I know I should be trying to see new places, but I want to go back and look at the park with the new eyes that Tim Cahill has given me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise