Discontented Turtle

Sleep deprived ramblings about life, current events, politics, travel, education, books, movies, and music.

Thursday, August 19, 2004

Away from my blog

I forgot to say ahead of time, but I am on a short break from my blogs. My wife had a conference to attend in St. Paul, MN----so I decided to tag along and visit old college friends. Its been a great visit so far--I've seen my friends Kris (and her husband Brian and their cute baby Ruby), Starla (and her husband Lon and their funny and adorable kids--Shaela, Cassidy, and Maverick---I hope I got the spelling right on all of those). I just finished having lunch with one of my college professors, Eric and touring my old college, The University of Minnesota-Morris. I have about 30 minutes to kill before my college roommate, Tom, shows up---so I thought I would give you all a brief run down of my last few days.

Friday
Drove Columbus to Bloomington, Illinois----we left far too late

Saturday
Drove Bloomington, Illinois to La Crosse, Wisconsin (via Dubuque, Iowa)
We visited Margaret's high school friend, Chris, and got to visit the campus of UW-Platteville where he coaches soccer. Saturday night we met my parents at their houseboat.

Well I'm out of time...I will add more when I return to Columbus. Should have lots of interesting tales to share because my niece, Maggie is coming to spend the next week with us.

Toodles to all,
Peace Out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise