Discontented Turtle

Sleep deprived ramblings about life, current events, politics, travel, education, books, movies, and music.

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

The Gospel According to Larry by Janet Tashjian

This is from my other blog booksforkids.blogspot.com, but I thought it might be of interest to others also.

This book completely sucked me in, unlike any book that I have read in a long time. Yes, at points it seemed very far-fetched. But even with it being far-fetched you wanted it to be real. Janet Tashjian drew me in with her characters that I truly wanted to know more about. Larry is so fantastically idealistic and flawed at the same time that one can't help but love him. He is idealistic in only a way that a teen can be.

This is how good the book was...I started reading the Gospel According to Larry on Friday night and by Sunday morning I had finished it, and its sequel Vote for Larry. It has been quite a while since I've consumed books like this.

This is definitely a book that will raise consciousnesss and discussions. I can't wait to see the next book in the trilogy.

Definitely check out "Larry's" website to find out more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise