Discontented Turtle

Sleep deprived ramblings about life, current events, politics, travel, education, books, movies, and music.

Friday, December 03, 2004

Are the Democrats getting ready to put up a fight about the 2004 election?

A last a few Democrats on the Judiciary Committee are concerned about some of the irregularities in this year's election. I know from personal experience that there were problems this year. I stood in line 3.5 hours in cold, windy rain to vote (of course I live in a heavily Democratic district); prior to this time I've never waited more than 5 minutes to vote. At the very least there was very poor planning for this election, but I've made my opinion known many times that I think it was something more sinister than that.

Here is the link to the actual letter that the Democratic members of the House Judiciary Committee sent to Ken Blackwell, the Ohio Secretary of State.

http://www.house.gov/judiciary_democrats/ohblackwellltr12204.pdf

Who will be the first Republican to come forward and say that our country's election should be run in a fair, honest, and open manner? Who places more importance in our country than their own political party? I want to see if there is a single Republican in this country who is actually a patriot. We certainly know it isn't Karl Rove, George Bush, or Dick Cheney.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise