Discontented Turtle

Sleep deprived ramblings about life, current events, politics, travel, education, books, movies, and music.

Thursday, December 02, 2004

Focus Group Participation

I spent my evening sitting around a table with twelve other guys discussing local news. The best part about it was I was paid $60.00 to give my opinions. And boy do I have opinions about our local news.

1. Sinclair Broadcasting is evil.
2. Mark Hyman's editorials annoy the hell out of me (plus he has a stupid name).
3. Columbus TV stations spend way too much time discussing OSU sports. Sports is not news, it is sports. Do I really ever have to hear about Maurice Clarrett again?
4. Its all about flash. Flashy technology. Flashy anchors. Flashy commercials. Flash, flash, and more flash.

I also learned again that guys are way too predictable. One of the other guys in the focus group said that he would watch one of the local female anchors (Andrea Cambern from WBNS) recite the alphabet because he thought she was so hot. She's not bad, but I think I could find better things to do than watch her recite the alphabet. Sorry Andrea!

Still it was the easiest $60.00 I've made in a long time, and hopefully I've altered Columbus news in some little way. Doubtful, but I can wish.

1 Comments:

At 02 December, 2004 18:15, Blogger turtle said...

How was I selected? I'm not sure exactly---I believe they somehow had my wife's name because one of their initial letters to me had her maiden name as my last name. So they came looking for me, instead of me looking for them. They had also contacted me a few times in the past several months, asking me random consumer questions, to which I give them some random answers, some truthful answers, and every once in a while a "none of your damn business!"

It looks like I might be going in for another focus group. They called me this afternoon, and this time they were asking me lots of questions about my internet usage. My answers made me feel like quite the loser geek and that I need to get away from my computer more frequently.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise