Discontented Turtle

Sleep deprived ramblings about life, current events, politics, travel, education, books, movies, and music.

Friday, February 04, 2005

Riding the Bus

Today was my day off from work. After spending many extra hours sleeping, I took the bus downtown to buy some CD's (BoDeans, Joan Armatrading, Modest Mouse, and The Soundtrack of Our Lives for those keeping score at home).

Riding the bus is such a great place for thinking about humanity. I get on the bus in a very residential area, it passes through a small commercial area filled with fast food and bars, through student housing area, and through the OSU campus. Each stop has its own group of characters.

I waited for the bus with a borderline schizophrenic. He was listening to a radio and having a very animated conversation with himself. He wasn't talking loud enough for me to get a good idea about what he was arguing with himself about, but his hands were moving wildly.

Next we picked up three girls from a tanning salon. They proceeded to talk loudly about their tans and their skin. They were sitting in the front seat, and I was sitting close to the back, and yet I could hear their words perfectly. Why do people who talk about the least interesting things always talk about them the loudest?

Well that was just a little tiny bit of my bus ride today......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise