Discontented Turtle

Sleep deprived ramblings about life, current events, politics, travel, education, books, movies, and music.

Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Cheap Movie Night and the Rattling Nissan

Tuesday night is 50 cent movie night at one of the local theatres, so my wife and I went to go see Starsky & Hutch.

But I must back up before that. Yesterday, I dropped our 1994 Nissan Altima off to get repaired. There was a seal leaking on the timing chain cover. Well the local mechanic fixed the leak and we got the car back today. Unfortunately the car has a new rattle (it has plenty of old rattles also). But my wife was upset about the rattle, which I was willing to write off as just being one of those odd vibration rattles that old cars get (the rattle only occurs at 1000 RPM and at 2200 RPM). So now she wants me to take the car back to the mechanic tomorrow and have them look at this rattle. Tomorrow is my last day off before I start my new job---so I can think of many things I would rather do than take the car back to the mechanic for a 3rd day in a row. So needless to say there was cranky tension between the two of us for the whole night.

So what did I think of the movie....it was ok. I was able to stay in my seat through the whole movie, but there is no need for me to watch the movie ever again. But then again for 50 cents you can't really complain, can you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise