Discontented Turtle

Sleep deprived ramblings about life, current events, politics, travel, education, books, movies, and music.

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Coming out from the shadows

My wife and I have been in Columbus for a little over a year now, and it is weird but I think we might actually have become part of our community. I ran into people twice today that I knew (once at work, and once while out to eat). This is a strange sensation after having been able to go anywhere without being noticed for the past year.

1 Comments:

At 19 July, 2004 22:07, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah. It's really weird. But in a good way. Actually, it was one of the things that I hated most about DC - I lived and worked next to hundreds of people, but barely knew any of them. Now, we know atleast 10 people on our street and lots of other people around in our community. I really like that. I think that has been one of my favorite parts about Columbus so far. Almost enough to block out the fact that this city is one flat, land-locked place.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise