Discontented Turtle

Sleep deprived ramblings about life, current events, politics, travel, education, books, movies, and music.

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Van Helsing

I'm trying to see how many nights in a row I can go to the movies. This is day number 3. Lucky for me it is also 50 cent night at my cheapo theatre, and I don't have to start work until noon on Wednesday.

What can I say about Van Helsing.....it is cheesy beyond belief. The first half I was enjoying this story of a vampire/evil hunter. But the second half the action became to ridiculous (and unbelievable). Unbelievable in the sense that several accidents in a row happened that benefited the good guys. I don't mind unbelievable action in an action movie.....but there has to be something guiding it. The characters weren't controlling the action--the writers were.

Another minus....it was way too long, close to 2.5 hours.

Oh well it was 50 cents....I shouldn't complain too much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise