Discontented Turtle

Sleep deprived ramblings about life, current events, politics, travel, education, books, movies, and music.

Sunday, June 27, 2004

Fahrenheit 9/11

Fahrenheit 9/11 | In Theaters Now!

Went with my wife last night to see Fahrenheit 9/11 last night. I'm not sure what exactly to say---before going to see it I thought I knew most of the information already about Bush and the Saudis. There were more connections than I ever realized. Michael Moore did such an excellent job of connecting the dots, and showing who is really going to profit from this war. I can't believe this election between Bush and Kerry is even close at this point.

The movie also made me feel very helpless. There are so many rich and powerful people, leaders, corporations, and nation's on Bush's side---it seems like it will be impossible to make him go away.

The only bad thing is, none of the people who really need to see this movie will ever see it. It really was a situation of preaching to the choir.

1 Comments:

At 30 June, 2004 18:44, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was excellent and horrible at the same time. I know I am a chick and all, but at some point I just started crying. And frankly, could not stop the rest of the night (thankfully it was late). This movie made me feel so helpless and useless. All of these people dying - people's brothers, sisters, siblings....over what? money? oil? power? I just did not get it. Micheal Moore did do an excellent job, if nothing, making us think. I am glad I saw it, but it was heavy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise