Discontented Turtle

Sleep deprived ramblings about life, current events, politics, travel, education, books, movies, and music.

Sunday, June 20, 2004

Horse Racing

My wife and I attended our first horse race today at Scioto Downs, just south of Columbus. It is quite funny for two novices to the world of gambling to be attempting to learn how to do it. The whole thing seemed like learning a new language. We did find this cool guide to handicapping races by the U.S. Trotting Association, but my wife did I much better job of reading it closely. Mainly we ended up picking our horses by the fact that they had cool names. My choices for the night were:

Race #2 - Bikini Kinda Guy (finished last)
Race #3 - Samurai Sam (finished 3rd)
Race #4 - Super Gizmo (scratched)
Race #5 - Pefect Fact (finished 2nd...my only winner of the night I picked it to show)
Race #6 - Stinky Flynn (finished last....I picked this one because someone in the grandstands was having a major flatulence problem)
Race #7 - Rock N Man (finished 7th)

So with my luck I don't think I have a future as a high stakes horse handicapper. Oh well I guess that means I have more time to spend here blathering on about life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise