Discontented Turtle

Sleep deprived ramblings about life, current events, politics, travel, education, books, movies, and music.

Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Do you have children of your own?

I am getting this question quite frequently from parents at the library. I used to get the same question a lot when I was working as a teacher. Not being a parent I don't quite get what is the full intent of the question. Do I need to have children of my own before I can read to them? Am I some sort of freak for wanting to work with children? I am not trying to be a parent, I am just trying to share books with them.

My exciting library task of the day was counting up how many different 1-2-3 and A-B-C books are in the picture book section of the library on this particular day. On June 22 there were 241 A-B-C books and 189 1-2-3 books in stock. Not exactly the most exciting thing to do...but something that is necessary because we are about to begin a major reshelving project.

I have this other library story that I really want to share, but that I'm probably really not at liberty to share. I know that sounds like "I've got a secret"----but its my way of telling my close personal friends, and I will probably share the story with you. I'm just not feeling comfortable broadcasting it over the internet. Hmmmmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise